Friday, December 8, 2006

ECO FRIENDLY CLEANING

Living in the "service industry" there isn't a whole lot of opportunity to introduce eco-friendly measures once season is up and running. Once the crazy season is over and down-time winter sets in, we have time to think about such important issues. Two days ago, I cam across an earth friendly spring cleaning article that I had cut out and saved from a magazine. I noted down some of the ingredients that I needed for such product as all purpose cleaners and made the necessary purchases at the grocery store yesterday. I started out small, and will keep you updated as I make more and more products.

For an ALL PURPOSE CLEANER fill a bottle with one part white vinegar and three parts water. Alternatively, dissolve 4 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 quart of warm water.



For a TOILET BOWL CLEANER, sprinkle baking soda in the bowl and squirt with white vinegar.


For a DISINFECTANT mix 1/2 cup of Borax with 1 Gallon hot water. Add either fresh herbs or essential fragrant oils.

My favorite are Lavendar and Rosemary. I purchased these from the Co-op.

0 comments: