Friday, January 25, 2008

Go Eat Elk Curry

South Asians (Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis) are the UKs largest ethnic minority. This wont mean much to you except that I miss curry.

I miss curry more than I miss Sainsbury's Chocaltines (which since I left have been replaced by inferior Pain Au Chocolat). I ate A LOT of those.

And Covent Garden Thai Spinach Soup. Mmmmmm. Many many times I went to school reeking of B.O. before I realized it was the Thai Spinach Soup smell sticking to my uniform.

But the curry. Oh the curry. My sister Lucy and I had take out from our local curry house, Barinda's almost every week in the last year I was home (before I married Jeremiah). It was extremely unhealthy but we balanced it with hard core circa-spin at the gym twice a week. That's something else I miss.

But whaddayaknow. Two weeks ago, I was shopping in the The Good Food Store in Missoula, (my new fave store) and guess what was on the shelves.

Yupsidoodles.



Patak's Curry Paste.

I added it to the elk roast that has been in the oven all day, along with some heavy cream. It is divine.

Go buy some and see.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so I'm getting over the flu too which has luckily given me some time to surf through your scarys's west blog which led me to your wild game blog. No elk here, but plenty of deer. Hadn't thought of making curry with it. Yum!

Have you checked out Madhur Jaffrey's http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Indian-Cookery-Madhur-Jaffrey/dp/056352183X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203191436&sr=8-1

Delicious recipes that never fail, Goan prawn curry and Eggs Moghlai especially. The curry is equally good with bluegill fillets. Think you have those there too? Here they are easy catchers and delicious sweet, little white fish.